According to research, it has been known that there are so many misconceptions about Online Reputation Management. Some people think that it’s an app that helps to monitor social media whereas others think that it helps in improving public relations. On the other hand, there are so many people who don’t have an idea about this, so here in this article, we are going to tell you in detail about Online Reputation Management. Have a look to know:
What do we exactly mean by online reputation?
Online Reputation is something that people check about your company online. In the contemporary era, Online Reputation Management is one of the most important things because this is the only way through which other companies and people judge you and your company. Hence, it is very much important to maintain an online reputation in this technological era.
The main purpose of Online Reputation is to create balance, counteract misleading trends, and allow you to put your best foot forward. Online reputation is becoming pervasive, so it is very much important to drop the word online.
Why should you take care of your online reputation?
In the world full of technology the internet is the first stop for everything. The Internet is the first source of information that people rely on these days, along with this they trust internet that whatsoever the information provided is always correct. More importantly, the things that people view on internet further let them make decisions based on all that information. Hence, this is why online reputation is very much important in the technological era.
- 75 out of 100 people see that the internet is the best way to find information about a person or a company. Therefore, 80% of the damage comes because of this online reputation only.
- While finding local businesses or any kind of educational center, 97% of people read online reviews first. Ergo, this is to check whether the place they are selecting is good or not.
Your Online Reputation is Forever-
If someone writes wrong about you on the internet then it can put you and your company at a serious disadvantage for the long term. So, it is very much important for you to keep a check on the online reputation of yours because this will help you to correct any kind of inaccuracies. Here are some examples, have a look:
- James Gunn- A few years back he lost his position of director after “Guardian of Galaxy Movie”. This was because he posted so many offensive jokes years ago and came to light.
- Harvard Admissions- In the year 2017, some students lost their Harvard admissions because of their offensive social media posts.
- NASA Internship- On of the Twitter user got an internship from NASA because one of high ranked NASA officials saw her using profanity on a #NASA-tagged tweet. Hence, these three examples tell us that online reputation is very much important.
Is online reputation management the same as SEO?
Yes, but a little bit because SEO is there to maintain one website but online reputation management is a way through which sets of the website are maintained. Therefore, it tells that both online reputation management and SEO are different from one another.
Lastly, we would like to say that it is very much important for people to maintain their Online Reputation. If you want to know something more in details about Online Reputation Management, then let us know in comments.